The following Promotion is intended for the 50 United States and D.C. only (including territories, possessions, and commonwealths) and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of the U.S. or D.C., 21 years or older as of Promotion start date, and accessing this site in the United States, its territories, possessions, or commonwealths.
HGTV DREAM HOME GIVEAWAY® 2023
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., INCLUDING TERRITORIES, POSSESSIONS, AND COMMONWEALTHS, 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF PROMOTION START DATE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- How to Enter: Beginning at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 23, 2022 until 5:00 p.m. ET on February 16, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”), you may enter the HGTV Dream Home Giveaway® 2023 (the “Promotion”) online by visiting the HGTV® website (https://www.hgtv.com/sweepstakes/hgtv-dream-home/sweepstakes) or the Food Network® website (https://www.foodnetwork.com/sponsored/sweepstakes/hgtv-dream-home-sweepstakes) (the “Websites”) and completing and submitting the online entry form (an “Entry”). All Entries must be received by the end time and date of the Promotion Period to be eligible for the drawing. Incorrect and incomplete entries are void. These Official Rules are also available on the Websites.
Limit of one (1) Entry, per eligible person, per Website, per day during the Promotion Period. For purposes of this Promotion, a “day” begins at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET (unless specified otherwise). If multiple Entries are received per eligible person, per Website, per day during the Promotion Period, only the first Entry will be accepted and additional Entries will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by you to obtain more than one (1) Entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods may void your Entries and you may be disqualified from the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all Entries by you. In the event of a dispute as to any online Entry, the Authorized Account Holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Prospective Grand Prize Winner may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder.
Note: In order to access the Websites and in an effort to optimize the Websites’ user experience, ad blocking software on your computer may need to be disabled
- Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., including territories, possessions, and commonwealths, who are 21 years of age or older as of the Promotion start date. Employees and members of their households, whether or not related, and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
- Publicity Grant: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes your consent to Promotion Entities’ use of your name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, entry, and/or state of residence for promotional and advertising purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission. In addition, entrants featured in any of Sponsor’s on-air presentations will be required to sign any agreements and releases designed by Sponsor with respect to their services and performances. The rights include on-location or studio-based on-air camera appearances, footage created when the potential Grand Prize Winner is contacted, and any photographs, videos, or other materials provided by Grand Prize Winner to Sponsor.
- Limitations of Liability: Discovery Communications, LLC (“Sponsor”), Wayfair LLC, FCA US LLC, Cabinets To Go, LL Flooring, Belgard®, Delta Faucet Company, Trex Company, Inc., Kimberly-Clark Global Sales, LLC, Ally Financial Inc., The Sherwin-Williams Company, SimpliSafe, Inc., Sleep Number Corporation, VELUX America LLC, Ritway, Inc., and any other participating sponsors (collectively with Sponsor, the “Promotion Entities”) and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any Entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Upon submission, all Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on any prospective Grand Prize Winner and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person based on such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the prize to such prospective Grand Prize Winner might reflect negatively on Sponsor or any of the Promotion Entities. Failure by prospective Grand Prize Winner to agree to a background check may also result in disqualification. By entering, you agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with your participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or your receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Any and all warranties and guarantees are subject to the respective manufacturer’s terms. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
- How Winner will be Determined: One (1) prospective Grand Prize Winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period on approximately March 31, 2023, and will be contacted by email on or about three (3) business days following the drawing. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the prospective Grand Prize Winner, these Official Rules, and all other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final and binding.
The prospective Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification. If Sponsor is unable to contact the prospective Grand Prize Winner within five (5) days from first notification attempt, if the prospective Grand Prize Winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, if the prospective Grand Prize Winner does not pass Sponsor’s background check (in its sole discretion), or if the prospective Grand Prize Winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate prospective Grand Prize Winner shall be selected. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Entry: Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If in the Sponsor’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if computer viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any Entries submitted fraudulently, to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion, or to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the termination date or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Websites. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the prospective Grand Prize Winner based on an email address, the winning Entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive the following (the “Grand Prize”): (i) one (1) home located in Morrison, Colorado (the “HGTV® Dream Home 2023”) that is featured on the Websites (including home furnishings, fixtures, artwork, and merchandise) (approximate retail value (“ARV”): $2,550,092); (ii) an All New 2023 Jeep® Grand Cherokee® 4xe® (the “Vehicle Prize”) (ARV: $75,120), and (iii) One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000) presented in the form of a check. Actual value of HGTV® Dream Home 2023 depends on market fluctuations. ARV of total Grand Prize: $2,725,212. All components (as applicable) of the HGTV® Dream Home 2023 will be selected by Sponsor at its sole discretion. The HGTV® Dream Home 2023 shall be conveyed to the Grand Prize Winner without representations or warranties, express or implied, other than those, if any, provided by the contractor (“Contractor”) whom Sponsor has commissioned to remodel the HGTV® Dream Home 2023, and any applicable manufacturers’ warranties. Real estate transfer taxes, deed recording charges, closing costs, current and future real estate taxes, title insurance, homeowner’s hazard and liability insurance, and all other taxes, costs, fees, and expenses related to the purchase, receipt, ownership and maintenance of the house shall be the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner commencing as of the date the Grand Prize Winner accepts the Grand Prize. The Released Parties shall not be responsible for construction delays and condition of title to home shall otherwise be as set forth in the agreement to transfer ownership of the HGTV® Dream Home 2023.
If the Grand Prize Winner lives in the 48 contiguous states, the Vehicle Prize will be delivered with standard equipment for the stated model; any upgrades and options are at the sole expense of the Grand Prize Winner; vehicle may be delivered with limited mileage on it. Color, package, factory options, and other specifics are to be determined by Sponsor and are subject to availability. The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for the taxes, title, registration, insurance (proof of which must be shown prior to the Grand Prize Winner taking possession of Vehicle Prize along with a valid U.S. driver’s license) and pickup costs at a location designated by Sponsor. Regarding the Vehicle Prize, Sponsor does not make, nor in any manner is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Vehicle Prize including but not limited to its quality, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition, other than that expressed by the vehicle manufacturer’s new vehicle limited warranty, a printed copy of which shall be furnished with the Vehicle Prize.(Video) The Truth About The HGTV Dream Home Giveaways
If the Grand Prize Winner does not live in the 48 contiguous states, the Vehicle Prize will consist of a credit in the amount of $75,120 valid only for Grand Prize Winner’s choice of a Jeep brand vehicle (“Vehicle Credit”). The Vehicle Credit has no cash value. Any difference between the price (excluding tax, title and license) of the vehicle selected by the Grand Prize Winner and the Vehicle Credit is forfeited. The Vehicle Credit may be used towards the purchase of only one vehicle from an authorized Jeep dealership. Vehicle Credit is non-transferable. Grand Prize Winner must show proof of insurance a valid U.S. driver’s license prior to taking possession of the vehicle. The Vehicle Credit may not be applied towards tax, title, and license fees; Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for the taxes, title, registration, and insurance. The Vehicle Credit may be applied towards expenses associated with shipping a vehicle purchased using the Vehicle Credit to the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner can use the Vehicle Credit for any available package, equipment, upgrades, shipping expenses, or options, but if the price (excluding tax, title and license) exceeds the Vehicle Credit, the Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for the difference. The Vehicle Credit expires on December 31, 2023.
In lieu of taking title to the HGTV® Dream Home 2023 (and the contents of the HGTV® Dream Home 2023), the Grand Prize Winner will have the option of receiving $750,000 in cash (the “Cash Option”). If the Grand Prize Winner cannot take possession of the HGTV® Dream Home 2023 due to a force majeure event, failure of construction, or any other reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Grand Prize Winner shall receive the Cash Option. Total ARV of the Grand Prize is $925,120 if Grand Prize Winner selects the Cash Option in lieu of the HGTV® Dream Home 2023.
All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of the Grand Prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All federal, state, and local taxes on the Grand Prize are Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. The Grand Prize Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the Grand Prize. The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the Grand Prize in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. Some restrictions may apply. Grand Prize cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.See AlsoTake the Tour of HGTV Dream Home 2023Flipping Houses and Taxes: What You Need to KnowJasmine Roth Discusses How Realistic Clients’ Budgets Are on Her HGTV ShowsLive, Rent or Sell? Winning the RSL Art Union Golden Treasure Home Lottery(Video) HGTV Dream Home Sweepstakes 2023 #sweepstakes #giveaway #contest #hgtv #Pch
Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or the Promotion Entities in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. Any action or litigation concerning this Agreement shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in New York County, New York, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of New York. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY'S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
Severability: If any provision of these Official Rules shall be held invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law and the Sponsor’s fundamental intentions hereunder, and the remaining provisions shall not be affected or impaired, provided, however, that in such cases the parties oblige themselves to use their best efforts to achieve the purpose of the invalid provision by a new legally valid stipulation.(Video) Bhg $25000 Spring Sweepstakes 2023 #contest #giveaway #hgtv #sweepstakes #usa
Winners List: Beginning on or about April 30, 2023 you may obtain the name of the Grand Prize Winner by going to the Websites.
Sponsor: Discovery Communications, LLC, 230 Park Avenue South, New York, New York 10003.(Video) The Truth About HGTV's My Lottery Dream Home
Administrator: Ritway, Inc., 1463 East Weisgarber Road, Knoxville, Tennessee 37909.
Trademark Attribution: The HGTV DREAM HOME GIVEAWAY®, HGTV®, FOOD NETWORK®, JEEP®, GRAND CHEROKEE®, and 4XE® trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.The Promotion and all accompanying materials are © 2022 Discovery Communications, LLC.
Can you take a cash option if you win the HGTV Dream Home? ›
In lieu of taking title to the HGTV® Dream Home 2023 (and the contents of the HGTV® Dream Home 2023), the Grand Prize Winner will have the option of receiving $750,000 in cash (the “Cash Option”).How much do HGTV Dream Home Winners pay in taxes? ›
Santo said the winner also has to pay income tax. According to HGTV, the grand prize includes the fully furnished house, plus $50,000 cash, valued at a total of about $684,000. Santo says the winner will be taxed at the top federal rate of 37 percent. Add on state taxes, and they'll owe between $238,000 - $266,000.Can you sell the HGTV house if you win? ›
When it became obvious that the people winning its sweepstakes were unable to keep their new digs, HGTV began offering winners a cash option. Most winners now either go that route or sell the houses — often back to their builders, but rarely at full value.Do you have to enter every day to win HGTV Dream Home? ›
To enter, you have to be at least 21 years. You're allowed to enter the Dream House sweepstakes every day, and in some years you can rack up extra entries for activities like referring friends, entering through partner websites, and other methods. Be sure to check each year for changes to these giveaway rules.How do taxes work if you win a house? ›
If you win a house in a contest, you'll have to pay federal income tax on its value. Also, depending on your state, you may have to pay state income tax on any house you happen to win in a contest. Under Internal Revenue Service (IRS) rules, any prizes won in contests are taxable at the marginal tax rate.How many people enter to win HGTV Dream Home? ›
Every year since, one lucky winner is chosen out of millions of entries: in 1998 there were 2.5 million entries; in 2016 there were around 127 million entries .Why are taxes so high on HGTV dream home? ›
That means you'll pay taxes at your marginal rate because the value of the prize is on top of any income you've earned from employment and investments. Another problem: Most dream home prizes are located in areas with higher costs of living.What happens if you win a dream home? ›
The Dream Home grand prize—typically $250,000 in cash, a car, and sometimes a boat, in addition to the home itself, usually valued at $1 million or more—comes with a federal income-tax bill of about $700,000, according to an analysis by Vocativ, plus state income and real-estate taxes that vary by location.Can you airbnb a HGTV dream home? ›
Clearly there's no shortage of viewers hooked on nice houses. But here's a bit of information that the HGTV fans may not be aware of - many of the stylish homes appearing on the network's shows are available as vacation rentals through websites such as HomeAway, Airbnb and VRBO.What is the cash option for the HGTV Smart home 2022? ›
And the house itself isn't all. The winner will also receive furnishings, $100,000 in cash, and a Mercedes-Benz SUV for a total prize value of $1,204,365.
How much are taxes on HGTV Dream Home 2022? ›
After all, as Vocativ explains, being deemed the lucky winner for a home worth $1.75 million will cost you nearly $700,000 in federal income taxes, plus additional bills for real estate taxes, state income taxes, and other costs.How many bedrooms and bathrooms are in the HGTV Dream Home? ›
Designed by Western Design Group and built by Mountain Plain Homes, the 4,360-square-foot property boasts three bedrooms and three bathrooms. HGTV decorator Brian Patrick Flynn, who helmed the house's interior design, spoke with PEOPLE about its unique style and one-of-a-kind features.Where is the new HGTV Dream Home 2023 located? ›
See every stunning space from HGTV Dream Home 2023, a grand mountain escape packed with high-end design and located in Morrison, Colorado.How much money can you win before you have to report it to the IRS? ›
Generally, if you receive $600 or more in gambling winnings, the payer is required to issue you a Form W-2G. If you have won more than $5,000, the payer may be required to withhold 28% of the proceeds for Federal income tax.How much do you pay in taxes if you win $1000000? ›
The federal government, and all but a few state governments, will immediately have their hands out for a bit of your prize. The top federal tax rate is 37% for income over $500,000. The first thing that happens when you turn in that winning ticket is that the federal government takes 24% of the winnings off the top.Does winning money count as income? ›
The following rules apply to casual gamblers who aren't in the trade or business of gambling. Gambling winnings are fully taxable and you must report the income on your tax return. Gambling income includes but isn't limited to winnings from lotteries, raffles, horse races, and casinos.How much is the cash option for HGTV Dream Home? ›
According to HGTV's official sweepstakes rules, the 2023 cash option is $750,000, accepted in lieu of the house and its contents. The winner also gets the vehicle and cash prizes, usually a nice car, and $100,000 to 250,000.How do people win the HGTV Dream Home? ›
Enter twice online per day – once on HGTV.com and once on FoodNetwork.com – for your chance to win HGTV® Dream Home 2023, a grand-prize package valued at over $2.7 million!How many houses do they look at on my lottery dream home? ›
It's an opportunity most of us can only dream about: winning the lottery and then being shown around three stunning properties by a design expert. That's the concept of My Lottery Dream Home, a show hosted by David Bromstad.What is the tax bracket for 2023? ›
The 2023 tax year will have the same seven federal income tax brackets: 10%, 12%, 22%, 24%, 32%, 35% and 37%. Your filing status and taxable income, including wages, will determine the bracket you're in.
Why are the houses on HGTV so cheap? ›
"HGTV pays for some labor or costs to expedite production if needed, but generally, homeowners are paying for their services. And, they may have access to discounted services or goods." So a new kitchen island that costs $1,000 might actually cost $3,000 if the homeowners weren't being featured on a TV show.Are HGTV prices realistic? ›
As Roth revealed in her entry, the budgets are in fact real. However, she understands why fans are skeptical. "On Help! I Wrecked My House you might see a grimy old kitchen and in what feels like the snap of a finger it transforms into a beautiful new, crisp, clean, Pinterest-worthy masterpiece, she wrote.What percentage does the IRS take from winnings? ›
The IRS will automatically take 24% of your winnings off the top, and the rest will be due at tax time. Around $17.82 million in federal income tax will be owed, per year, for each of the remaining 27 payments.Is it better to take lump-sum or annuity lottery? ›
Choosing a lump-sum payout can help winners avoid long-term tax implications and also provides the opportunity to immediately invest in high-yield financial options like real estate and stocks. Electing a long-term annuity payout can have major tax benefits. Federal taxes reduce lottery winnings immediately.What are the taxes on 1 billion dollar lottery win? ›
The winner of the lottery jackpot that currently sits at $1.1 billion would expect to pay at least $135 million in federal income taxes if they choose to receive their earnings all at once, rather than over 30 years, according to a lottery official.Are dream home tickets tax deductible? ›
No, lottery tickets are not tax deductible as per Canada Revenue Agency. Do I have to pay taxes on any winnings? No, lottery winnings are considered a windfall and not taxable in Canada. If I win the Dream Home do I have to live in it or can I sell it?Has anyone ever won the HGTV Dream Home? ›
Brian Patrick Flynn delivers a jaw-dropping surprise to the winner of the cabin-inspired HGTV Dream Home 2022 in Vermont, an all-new Jeep Grand Wagoneer and $250,000.Do you need permission to put your house on Airbnb? ›
Check with your local planning authorities to make sure that you're allowed to host short-term rentals in your area, as some locations have exceptions to the 90 night rule. We automatically limit entire home listings in Greater London to 90 nights a year, unless you have planning permission to host more frequently.How much does it cost to host your house with Airbnb? ›
Most Hosts pay a flat service fee of 3% of the booking subtotal. The subtotal is your nightly price plus any optional fees you charge guests, like a cleaning fee, and doesn't include Airbnb fees and taxes. Guests typically pay a service fee of around 14% of the booking subtotal.Has the HGTV Smart Home Winner been chosen? ›
Meet the lucky winner of HGTV Smart Home 2022 in Wilmington, NC. Congratulations to Leah Nadorff of Columbia, South Carolina; she is the winner of the HGTV® Smart Home 2022 sweepstakes, a grand prize package valued at over $1.2 million dollars. "It's a whirlwind. Totally surreal.
What is the next HGTV home Giveaway? ›
Giveaway Start and End Dates
The HGTV Dream Home 2023 Giveaway begins on December 23, 2022 at 9 a.m. ET and ends on February 16, 2023 at 5 p.m. ET.
Per the announcement, Leah Nadorff of Columbia, S.C. has won the $1.2 million prize package, which consisted of: A 3,000-square-foot home.How much do house flippers pay in taxes? ›
In most cases, that would cause the IRS to classify you as a dealer. As a dealer, you have to pay regular income tax on the profit you make from flipping houses. You also pay a self-employment tax of 15.3%.How many acres is the HGTV Dream Home 2022 on? ›
On a 12-acre lot in Warren is a newly constructed home built for HGTV's HGTV Dream Home 2022.Who pays the taxes on the HGTV Dream Home? ›
All federal, state, and local taxes on the Grand Prize are Grand Prize Winner's responsibility. The Grand Prize Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the Grand Prize.Do families from HGTV get to keep the furniture? ›
Do homeowners on HGTV shows get to keep the furniture? Speaking of inside the home, many viewers swoon over the final layouts. But here's the kicker: More often than not, the homes are staged, meaning the homeowners don't get to keep the furniture and decor that's shown on TV.Does the HGTV Dream Home come furnished? ›
HGTV's 2023 Dream Home is located in this Denver suburb
Every year since 1997, the Home & Garden Television network's sweepstakes has featured a newly built, fully furnished home along with other prizes.
If the winner chooses this option, they receive the associated prizes like the vehicles, cash, and furnishings, but HGTV retains the rights to the house. Usually, they sell the home to a private bidder.When can you enter to win the HGTV Dream Home? ›
Promotion starts at 9:00 a.m. ET December 23, 2022 and ends at 5:00 p.m. ET on February 16, 2023. For full Official Rules, prize disclosures, and to enter, visit https://www.hgtv.com/sweepstakes/hgtv-dream-home/sweepstakes or https://www.foodnetwork.com/sponsored/sweepstakes/hgtv-dream-home-sweepstakes.How many people enter HGTV Dream Home? ›
Every year since, one lucky winner is chosen out of millions of entries: in 1998 there were 2.5 million entries; in 2016 there were around 127 million entries .
What happens after winning HGTV Dream Home? ›
You can take cash prize instead: “In lieu of taking title to the HGTV Smart Home 2022® (and the contents of the HGTV Smart Home 2022®), the Grand Prize Winner will have the option of receiving $600,000 in cash, awarded in the form of an electronic funds transfer (the “Cash Option”).What are the odds of winning the HGTV Dream Home 2022? ›
200 in 136 million, or about 675,000 to one.Do winners keep the HGTV dream homes? ›
The winner of the sweepstakes walks away with the HGTV Dream Home, a perfectly renovated, brand-new home situated in a cute, often expensive neighborhood in America.Can you airbnb a HGTV Dream Home? ›
Clearly there's no shortage of viewers hooked on nice houses. But here's a bit of information that the HGTV fans may not be aware of - many of the stylish homes appearing on the network's shows are available as vacation rentals through websites such as HomeAway, Airbnb and VRBO.Where is the 2023 HGTV Dream Home? ›
See every stunning space from HGTV Dream Home 2023, a grand mountain escape packed with high-end design and located in Morrison, Colorado.How do people win HGTV Dream Home? ›
Enter daily, once at HGTV.com and once at FoodNetwork.com, for your chance to win HGTV Dream Home 2023, a grand-prize package valued at over $2.7 million! Sign up to receive email reminders to enter the HGTV Dream Home Giveaway® 2023 twice online per day.Who won the most recent HGTV Dream Home? ›
In 2022, HGTV superfan Karey Wolstenholm won the sweepstakes and walked away with the grand prize package valued at over $2.4million.