According to UTS Medical Center, Excess belly fat can be dangerous because it surrounds internal organs and puts you at greater risk for developing several kinds of health problems, including heart disease, diabetes and liver problems.
So to lose tummy fat, people do running, skipping, swimming, cycling, workout in the gym, doing yoga and various other methods. Out of these methods, Cycling is a great way to lose belly fat as it is a low-impact cardiovascular exercise for all ages that can burn a significant number of calories. According to a report, cycling can burn up to 500 calories per hour.
You have landed on the right page if you were looking for how to lose belly fat by cycling because we have found the 7 best ways to reduce extra fat from your stomach by cycling.
Let’s start with How can cycling help you in reducing belly fat.
How does Cycling Help Reduce Belly Fat? Health Benefits of Bicycle Riding
Cycling is an aerobic activity and a cardiovascular exercise that burns calories and helps to increase muscle mass. This means that it’s an effective way to lose weight, tone up muscles, and improve overall fitness.
- When it comes to weight loss, cycling is an efficient way to burn calories. A moderate-intensity cycling workout can burn between 400 to 500 calories per hour, depending on the intensity and duration of the ride. This is a significant amount of calories and can help to speed up weight loss.
- Additionally, cycling is a great way to increase muscle mass, which in turn helps to boost metabolism. This means that even when you’re not cycling, your body will be burning calories at a higher rate.
- Cycling is a great form of exercise for weight loss and overall fitness. Because It’s low-impact, easy to do, and can be done by people of all ages and fitness levels.
- Cycling can be done indoors or outdoors, which makes it a great option for all seasons. To get the most out of cycling for weight loss, it’s important to maintain a steady pace and incorporate interval training.
- And finally, regular cycling helps in digestion. So you should eat a healthy and balanced diet to get results faster. Start eating fruits, vegetables and a protein-rich diet.
Must Read: Does cycling Increase Height After 18?
How to Lose Belly Fat by Cycling: 7 Tested Tips
Cycling helps in burning calories and also tones the muscles in the stomach and legs, which can help to reduce belly fat. To start a journey of losing fat, it is quite essential to set a proper weight loss plan for yourself. This could be a specific number of pounds that you want to lose, or a certain amount of inches that you want to reduce from your waistline. Once you have set your goal, you can begin with the following steps:
1. Get a Comfortable Bicycle
It is important to find a comfortable bike that fits your body well because a proper fit will help to ensure that you can ride for longer periods of time without experiencing pain or discomfort. When it comes to bike type for weight loss. A hybrid bike is perfect for losing weight as it can be ridden on all types of surfaces and easily go long distances. You can find a good hybrid bicycle by visiting a cycle shop or clicking on the link below.
Make sure to check this bicycle from Ninety-One Brand.!
NINETY ONE Limited Edition Manchester 27.5T 21 Speed Shimano…
- Frame Set – Frame:18.5 Inch Ultra Light & Sturdy Aluminum…
- DRIVE TRAIN – Gears – Shifter & Derailleur: 21-Speed SHIMANO…
- WHEELS – Rim: Double Wall Rust free Alloy, Tyres: DSI…
Last update on 2023-02-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Top 5 Best hybrid bicycle for weight loss
- Gear or Gearless Cycle for Weight Loss: Which one is Better?
2. Decide your Cycling Routine
It is important to determine how often and for how long you will be cycling. For beginners, we recommended cycling for at least 30 minutes per day, three times per week. As you become more comfortable with the exercise and begin to see results, you can gradually increase the duration and frequency of your rides.
Related: How much cycling to lose weight.
3. Balanced Diet Plan is Must
In addition to cycling, it is also important to pay attention to your diet. Eating a healthy, balanced diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins can help to support weight loss and reduce belly fat. Avoiding eating processed foods, sugary drinks, and excessive amounts of saturated fat. This would reduce fat intake and will help to improve your overall health and reduce belly fat.
Must Read: Should You do Cycling After Dinner?
4. Add Some more Exercises to your Workout Plan
A fourth important thing to keep in mind is that cycling alone may not be enough to lose belly fat, you should also include strength training in your routine. Studies have shown that strength training, such as weightlifting or bodyweight exercises, can help to increase muscle mass and boost metabolism, which can help to burn more calories and reduce tummy fat.
5. Riding at the Right Intensity
An important aspect of cycling to lose belly fat is to make sure that you are cycling at the right intensity. To burn the most calories and promote weight loss, it is important to cycle at a moderate to high intensity. This means that you should be working hard enough to break a sweat and elevate your heart rate, but not so hard that you cannot maintain a conversation. Proper breathing technique is a must.
6. Add Interval Training to Your Cycling Routine
To get the most out of cycling for losing belly fat, it’s important to maintain a steady pace and incorporate interval training. Interval training involves alternating periods of intense cycling with periods of rest or low-intensity cycling.
This type of training has been shown to be more effective for weight loss than steady-state cycling. Interval training helps to boost metabolism, burn more calories and improve overall fitness. It’s also important to remember that cycling should be done in conjunction with a healthy diet.
7. Be Consistent with your Cycling Routine
Consistency is the key to success! Keeping this point in mind, you should be consistent with your cycling routine. Losing belly fat takes time and tons of effort. Therefore, It is important to follow the plan in a disciplined manner (anyhow) even when it gets difficult. Keep track of your progress and celebrate small victories along the way, such as fitting into a smaller size or noticing a reduction in belly fat.
How Long Does It Take to Lose Belly Fat by Cycling?
Losing belly fat is a lengthy process it may take several weeks to notice some favourable results. It depends on various factors such as how long you ride a bicycle at what intensity, what you eat, what’s your metabolism, how consistently you ride a bicycle and so on.
An average person should start to see some fat loss on the belly after 6 weeks. Results may vary from person to person. The main point is you should do cycling on a regular basis by following the above-mentioned tips so that you lose your belly fat quickly.
To be honest you should stop asking this question how long does it take to lose belly fat by cycling? because there is no specific time duration for this process.
Disadvantages of Belly Fat on the Body
According to Healthline, Belly fat or visceral fat can have several negative health consequences. Some of the side effects of having belly fat include:
- Belly fat is associated with an increased risk of heart disease due to the release of inflammatory molecules and other substances that can damage the heart and blood vessels.
- Tummy fat is associated with an increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes due to the release of hormones that can disrupt insulin function and cause blood sugar levels to rise.
- Visceral fat is associated with an increased risk of certain types of cancer, including colon and breast cancer.
- Belly fat can increase the risk of sleep apnea, a condition in which a person’s breathing is repeatedly interrupted during sleep.
- Fat on the stomach is associated with an increased risk of fatty liver disease, a condition in which excess fat accumulates in the liver and can lead to inflammation, scarring, and other problems.
- Studies have shown that people with excess belly fat often have poor self-esteem, body image, and depression.
- Effect of Cycling on Body Shape
- How much cycling to lose 1kg of weight
Conclusion: How to Reduce Belly Fat by Cycling
I hope you have understood how to lose belly fat by cycling. To conclude, we would say bicycle riding is a great way to lose belly fat, as it is a low-impact cardiovascular exercise that can burn a significant number of calories. To achieve the best results, it is important to set a goal, find a comfortable bike, cycle at the right intensity, and include strength training and a healthy diet in your routine.
Thanks for reading till the end, If you have any doubts ask us in the comment section below!
Do share this article on cycling for losing belly fat with your friends who want to lose it too!
Keep cycling and be safe!
How long should I cycle a day to lose belly fat? ›
Lowers belly fat and increases good fat: A 30-60 minutes of cycling (which is a moderate-intensity aerobic exercise similar to exercises, such as jogging, hiking, and swimming) and a healthy protein-rich diet is an effective way to lower belly fat and increase good fat (high-density lipoprotein) levels.Is cycling the best way to lose belly fat? ›
Cycling can reduce thigh and belly fat as well as benefiting the circulation of blood around the body, strengthening the heart and other muscles and increasing the metabolism. It is a low-resistance exercise which means it puts less pressure on the joints than running, walking or jogging.How much should I cycle a day to lose fat? ›
According to Channa, one must cycle for at an hour or more, for fat loss. "Cycling is a cardio workout, in which one usually begins to burn fat only after the first 20 minutes. If you are walking, the fat burn will begin after that amount of time. So make sure that you do cycling for at least 30 minutes," he says.How do you get a flat stomach while cycling? ›
- Ride at 60 percent to 70 percent of your maximum heart rate when you go for long rides. ...
- Burn extra calories by doing interval training, which is cycling at 80 to 90 percent of your maximal effort for several minutes, followed by 30 to 90 seconds of easy pedaling.
Another study found that weight-bearing exercises, such as walking and running, were associated with lower levels of a type of fat that accumulates in bone marrow, compared with cycling ( 9 ). Walking burns more fat than cycling. This may be because it's considered a weight-bearing activity, while cycling isn't.What exercise burns the most belly fat? ›
The most effective exercise to burn stomach fat is crunches. Crunches rank top when we talk of fat-burning exercises. You can start by lying down flat with your knees bent and your feet on the ground.
Longer rides and riding uphill help you burn more calories and lose belly fat. Cycling at a leisurely pace burns around 520 calories per hour. Riding for a longer stretch at a high intensity can burn about 782 calories per hour. There are gym bikes that track the calories for you.Will I lose weight if I cycle everyday? ›
If you're looking to get fitter, trimmer and lighter – not to mention healthier – then cycling is a great way to lose weight. It's efficient, enjoyable, easy to slot into a busy day and, best of all, has emotional and mental benefits as well as physical ones.Can you tone your stomach by cycling? ›
Yes – it's possible to complete a variation of crunches while on a bike! Simply pedal while contracting your abs inwards. Do this for one minute or so, then continue with regular pedaling. This is an easy way to tone your core while getting a great cardio workout at the same time.What is the 75 rule in cycling? ›
In order to increase your cycling wattage, it's best to follow the 75 percent rule. This training principle states that throughout the week, 75 percent of your cycle training should be done below 75 percent of your maximum heart rate (MHR).
How long does it take to see results from cycling? ›
As a general rule, the average person should start seeing noticeable results after one month of using an exercise bike as part of their regular routine. Exercising is a long-term commitment, so don't be discouraged if you can't see results straight away. Push through and you will notice results in time.What is the cycling diet? ›
Carb cycling involves going back and forth between high-carb days and low-carb days. There may even be “no-carb” days. You would usually have a high-carb day when you plan on exercising hard. On those days, your body needs more fuel, so you might eat 2 to 2.5 grams of carbs for every pound of your body weight.Which part of the body loses fat by cycling? ›
Besides being a recreational activity, cycling is an excellent cardio workout that helps one shed weight and lose belly fat.What burns more fat jogging or cycling? ›
Running burns slightly more calories per hour than biking, so it may help you lose weight faster. Generally, running burns 566 to 839 calories an hour, while cycling at a vigorous pace burns 498 to 738 calories an hour, according to the estimates by the American College of Sports Medicine.
In general, running burns more calories than cycling because it uses more muscles. However, cycling is gentler on the body, and you may be able to do it longer or faster than you can run.Is cycling or treadmill better for fat loss? ›
Treadmills burn slightly more calories than stationary bikes, though the difference is negligible. For comparison, HIIT training burns far more calories per minute.What are the 5 foods that burn belly fat? ›
- Beans. “Becoming a bean lover can help you lose weight and whittle your middle,” registered dietitian Cynthia Sass told Today. ...
- Swap your beef for salmon. ...
- Yogurt. ...
- Red bell peppers. ...
- Broccoli. ...
- Edamame. ...
- Diluted vinegar.
- Eat a healthy diet. Focus on plant-based foods, such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains, and choose lean sources of protein and low-fat dairy products. ...
- Replace sugary beverages. ...
- Keep portion sizes in check. ...
- Include physical activity in your daily routine.
What Drink Burns Fat Overnight? Drinking turmeric milk, chamomile tea, cinnamon tea, green tea, protein shake, green veg smoothies, and fiber-rich juice helps you burn significant fat overnight.Is 30 minutes of cycling a day enough to lose weight? ›
In order to lose weight, the American Council on Exercise (ACE) says you'll need to cycle at a moderately intense level for at least 30 minutes at a time. To burn even more calories, you'll want to cycle for longer. ACE also suggests incorporating two activities into one cross-training session to boost weight loss.
Is 1 hour cycling enough for weight loss? ›
Cycling one hour a day for weight loss is an excellent way to boost weight loss. A 180-pound individual cycling for an hour at a moderate intensity burns about 650 calories. If you ride six days a week for a year, you will burn about 202,800 calories, which translates to about 58 pounds of body fat!What happens when you cycle for 30 minutes? ›
Cycling increases your endurance on and off the bike
Exercising on the bike for at least 30 minutes a day will build up your cardiovascular and muscular endurance. By putting in consistent effort, you'll notice an improvement in your aerobic capacity, enabling you to bike longer or on more intense rides.
Cycling Boosts Heart Health
It's both high-intensity and low-impact, so it's suitable both as a HIT workout and for more moderate sessions. Several studies suggest that cycling for 15 to 20 minutes each day can be beneficial for heart health. One study compared two groups using an indoor bike.
If you cycled for 1 hour per day at a moderate intensity, you'd burn 3,192 calories per week. At that rate, it would take you about 22 weeks to lose 20 pounds.How much weight can I lose cycling 1 hour a day for month? ›
“For most people, if they have an hour a day, and they are happy doing an hour a day of exercise, then they can expect to lose a kilo a week,” says Andy Wadsworth, a personal trainer and coach.